Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Not So Quiet Times

It has been a cool spring and early summer.

Last year by this time,

I'd spent many mornings on the deck.

With so much rain and wind,

it's rare that I have a moment to myself on the deck.


I crave the quiet sometimes.

Just silence.

No tv, no fighting, no whining,

no

noise.


But somebody knows

my

hiding

place.


And my little "Tootsie Pop" came out

to find me . . .


packing her

Precious Moments Bible


her blankie,

classic Dale Jr. cap,





red flip-flops

and

loads

of

silliness.


Even early in the morning.


And so I shift gears

from quiet


to grabbing the camera



for some fleeting

cuteness.


Finding Heaven
I'm so glad to have found Jen and this group of ladies here:
Lots of inspirational blogs to check out!

6 comments:

  1. I had to laugh...the joys of motherhood...and lack of quiet for quiet times. =) Some days it seems like my little man just wakes up early and won't stop talking...no quiet time.

    Love your company though. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed visiting with your little "Tootsie Pop" at the wedding. What a ray of sunshine...so sweet! I love how you capture those sweet moments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a precious moment you captured, Jodi!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is by God's grace that I shift gears from quiet to invite in the noisiness. Sometimes it's really hard. But then, who could resist that Tootsie Pop?

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh that erin, gotta love her...she's a gal after my own heart...really. i know i was just like her when i was a little girl...!!!!!!!!!!
    hang in there, mama...these days with her will be gone...before. you. know. it.
    love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing like sharing your quiet time with God and an adorable preschooler. :)

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete

Welcome ~ share your beautiful thoughts.