Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Digging Deeper Into The Pain


So last week,
I was feeling pretty great that I had gone 10 days
migraine free,
pain med free.
I'm still 19 days prescription pain med free.
But I had a headache 
Wednesday
and now
today,
pain.

However,
even though I have frustration,
I am at peace for the moment.

I am just curious
about why I hurt.
I am wondering what the message of the pain is today.
I'll be seeing both a chiropractor and physical therapist later today.
I am trying to give myself grace.
To do this "self-care" thing
imperfectly.

It is leading me to things.
Good things.
Taking care of my diet and getting exercise 
have overall benefits
for
my
life.
I am motivated
to do that
now,
even
if I still get the pain.
So I eat greens, greens, greens.
Three times a day:
spinach,
Romaine,
iceberg lettuce,
watercress,
whatever greens I have.
I have my B's:
B12, B6, Riboflavin, Thiamin, Niacin.
Superfoods.
Water.
Peppermint oil.
EFT ~ tapping.
Praying. 

I am trying to keep my mind and spirit
at a healthy pace.

This is hard.

But I am working on it
imperfectly.

I acknowledge all of it
in my writing and creating,
trying to lean into it, listen to it, learn from it
rather than rage against it
or numb it.

I am gently seeking
in the Bible,
looking at the birds,
and kindly
putting together creative opportunities
for others to join me
in the fruit
of this journey.

Not doing art,
not sharing and teaching also,
is just as stressful to me
as doing it at 
a frantic, pressured pace.

So I am putting one foot in front of the other,
carefully, kindly, tenderly.
Learning, sharing, preparing to teach again.

Some days are good.
I feel good and hopeful.
Other days are discouraging, painful, frustrating.
But that is the nature of life.
And today I am ok with that.

Digging deeper into my heart and mind,
beyond the physical
into emotional and spiritual
looking for clues in all of it,
that show me
how to be well,
live well,
work well,
love well.



















2 comments:

  1. Beautifully written! I have copied all of these blogs and read them often and pray for you. Your writings show what a beautiful person you are. Take care I care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane, I am so comforted by your kindness. Thank you.

      Delete

Welcome ~ share your beautiful thoughts.