Wednesday, December 8, 2010

~Look inside my heart~


"I want to be beautiful
And make you stand in awe
Look inside my heart
And be amazed
I want to hear you say
Who I am is quite enough
I just want to be worthy of love
And beautiful."
--Bethany Dillon "Beautiful"

"Remember twirling skirts?  Most little girls go through a season when they will not wear anything if it does not twirl (and if it sparkles, so much the better). ~ Their young hearts intuitively want to know they are lovely.  Some will ask with words, "Am I lovely?" Others will simply ask with their eyes.  Verbal or not, whether wearing a shimmery dress or covered in mud, all little girls want to know." -- from Captivating by Stasi Eldredge

How, where, and to whom we take this question is key.
How I guide my daughters in answering this question is vital.
We can find what we are looking for in this question
and what we are looking for
in the desire to be seen, to be beautiful, to be who we are and to be quite enough.
We can find it.

And we can find it in the very point
of Christmas.

Seek for the answers my sisters
in the manger.
In the depth of the truth of Christmas.

His birth.
His life.
His death.
His resurrection.
His ascension.
We can find what we are looking for.
Seek wholeheartedly.
He will be found by us.

love & grace,
jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome ~ share your beautiful thoughts.