Sunday, August 12, 2012

Beautiful In It's Time ~ Sunflowers & Spirit


Sunflowers.
Summer's last hurrah.

Last spring, when it was still cold and windy,
I started to think about
sharing.


Sharing the flowers that I love so much.
Sharing peaceful photography walks.
Sharing art.
And sharing my heart.



Using the tools
of a camera and art supplies
to focus
on beauty
right here
right now.



Beauty in the
everyday stuff
of
life.


Beauty
along the roads
we drive each day,
beauty in crooked fences,
beauty in the weeds.




There have been times
that I missed it all . . .
grasping and striving for something
that I never seemed to reach.



And then . . . 
the eyes of my heart were opened.

Not in an instant . . .


more like savoring the opening
of a precious gift.

Little by little.

Treasure hunting
in the mess and the broken
for
unexpected gems of beauty
like the golden bloom
in the dry and dying grass.




It has been a summer
of coming together
to hunt for beauty
together.

It has been a summer
to realize the beauty in our own God-given uniqueness.
To embrace who He made us to be,
where He has planted us,
and the journey of growing in Him.



To share stories and food,
tears and laughter,
God's nature,
focusing on it with a camera,
and creating something beautiful to remember.



Cultivate Beauty
Every woman possesses a captivating beauty.  Every woman.  
But for most of us it has been long buried, wounded, and captive.  
It takes time for it to emerge into wholeness.  
It needs to be cultivated, restored, set free.
Yes, life is harsh on a woman's heart.
It has been hard on your heart.
The assault on our beauty is real.
But Jesus is urging us now to care for ourselves, watch over our hearts (Prov. 4:23)



The world needs your beauty.
That is why you are here.
Your heart and your beauty are something to be treasured and nourished.
And it takes time.
Every gardener knows this.



My hope is that our joy and authentic beautiful selves
be discovered, restored, and lived . . .
and it can be
 in our individual journeys in God's restoring grace.



Three years ago
I knew there was a new path for me to take.
I did not know for sure
what it would look like.


I only knew my story and 
my passion for women
to believe the truth about God
and about who He made them to be
and who is is growing them into.


I wanted women to know
that their value in the LORD
cannot be taken away,
that they can have a security in Him,
no matter what the circumstances,
that they can find beauty and joy
right here and now.


I wanted to live wholehearted,
not half-hearted,
but live completely from what was important to me
and to encourage others to do the same.



This is a part sharing it . . .
Living it is in the every day stuff.

How do I want to live?
What do I want my life to be about?
What can I enjoy and soak in right here and now?
How can I really live now?

Questions I ask myself and answer.
So I can live and enjoy it
with authenticity.

So much gratitude
I have for the ladies who entrusted their days
with me this summer!
I am grateful to you all 
and love you much!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome ~ share your beautiful thoughts.