Monday, January 12, 2015

Artsy Building Blocks

Back in December,
I had this fabulous basics art class
with a wonderfully brave and creative
group of women
who joined me at Sturgis Photo and Gifts on Main Street in Sturgis, SD.

~ building block by Lynne ~ 

After 2 years of holding classes,
I finally realized that I needed to do a
mixed media basics class.

Building Blocks
is that class.


Here's a peek at our beautiful time together.
If you missed out
and want to try it yourself,
or you want to make another set,
join me at Renae Meisner's Create!Studio in Rapid City,
on Saturday January 31, 2015,
9 a.m. to noon.




Robyn's sparkly words of wisdom.



It's a great buster of those winter blues
that try to sneak in to those deep winter days.

It will bring
color
and 
laughter
and
courage
into
your
heart.

We start with an introduction to basic supplies
and make a sample flip book of products.
Then we decorate three chunky blocks of wood.


I love it when sisters do this together!

Tina's work was all pretty in pink.

Monica's collage ~ love her colors and old soul feel

Joey's selected words on a background of maps...oh, how I love maps.

Is she cute or what?

Art is always more fun with friends! ~ All the way from Watertown!

That Monica knows how to choose color...
Ranch wives unite! 
I love how my art "students" become my friends.
Lynne brought her own stash of goodies to work into her projects.  You can do that! What would you bring?

There is some little magic that happens
to your soul when you make something with your hands.
I can't explain it
until you experience it.

Give Renae a call to reserve your spot at 
605-431-8870.

Space limited to 12 guests.

$50 per person.
All art supplies provided.

~ Me with my lovely assistant and friend Missy ~





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome ~ share your beautiful thoughts.