Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Seriousness Isn't a Fruit of the Spirit, but Joy Is


Chasing the last light of summer as it spins to fall,
I am reminded of a quote from one of my favorite bands:  Rend Collective.

Here it is,
"Seriousness isn't a fruit of the spirit, but joy is."

Be inspired by their bio video of The Art Of Celebration here:  Rend Collective Bio
filled with Irish-ness, joy, opened eyes, celebration, art . . .
totally reminds me of the childlike joy that our youngest brings back to our family.


Oh, it's been a lotta serious around me lately,
but then . . .

I am inspired by the words of my friend Junelle Jacobsen ...
visit her blog here:  YES and AMEN
and you will see what inspired these photos.
She never fails to stir my spirit with her art whether in word, photo, watercolor, collage.

Here is Junelle's challenge to which I responded,

"Perhaps it is time for you to chase the summer light?  
Today may be the right day for your inspiration collection to begin...again.  
Listen to the woo.  
Be pulled by the light.  
Trust the holy muse and find your shoes.  Just go.  

I can't wait to hear what you find~"



Not only has it been a change of season,
it's been a life changing season around here.


Our oldest has started high school.
For us, living an hour from the nearest high school in all directions,
means that he is living with my parents during the week.

I am made to let go 
and 
continually 
my inability 
to fix 
and mend 
and make it all ok 
and right
is evident.


And
that is
ok.

He injured his knee on the third day of football practice.
X-rays, ice packs, an MRI, doctor visits.
And then I get the call that my youngest fell and broke both of her wrists.
More X-rays, ice packs and doctor visits.


My heart lets go a bit more.

And we are all ok.

And joy persists.

See?


We miss him during the week.

But . . . even among siblings . . . it is true
that
absence makes the heart grow fonder.

It's good to see his car coming down the road.




Joy.

It isn't stopped by a couple broken bones.



Joy.

It's in this magic golden light.


Yes?


Find me here this fall:


and here:


Saturday October 11 from 9:00 a.m. to noon.
at Create!Studio in Rapid City
Click the link above for all of the details and to register.

And soon to be announced,
but mark your calendars...
a class at Sturgis Photo and Gifts, Sturgis, SD, 
on Thursday, October 23 from 6-9 p.m.
Here's a clue:




1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness...you have the most beautiful children and farm. LOVE. I hear you heart, transitions are so hard. I am living in that tender-trust state too. I love your sharing and you photography is wonderful! Keep at it...right? Much love~

    ReplyDelete

Welcome ~ share your beautiful thoughts.