Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Little Big Things.


I drove into the ranch last evening
greeted by nodding sunflower heads smiling at me.


I thought about how
I do not just love them because they are pretty and bright
but because they remind me
of a moment
in my life
when my eyes opened
to see here and now
and to appreciate it.

Something simple, but so profound.


My "perfect start" to a day is to do this:
To take a walk with the sunflowers.
To have my beagle scare up some turkey chicks just learning to fly
that hide in the alfalfa.
To use my camera to change my perspective.
To see the divine in the ordinary.



It is simple
It is abundant.

Which shifts my mind away
from the overwhelm and lack.


Psalm 16:11 says,

You have shown me

the path of life.

In your presence is fullness of joy.

At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

This is just a little taste, a tiny glimpse...


or

maybe

it is a big glimpse of fullness and pleasure

right here, right now 

on the road home.







1 comment:

  1. Hi Jodene! I love these photos...they show just how awesome God's creations are! I love your words. "to see the divine in the ordinary"! That, too, is what I see in His Work! Beautiful!

    Margo @ Legacy of a Single Girl

    ReplyDelete

Welcome ~ share your beautiful thoughts.