Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Sturgis Area Arts Council Artist of the Month


About 2 years ago,

I had some art ideas in my mind that involved

some unique ways to share my photographs

with a message.


I had taken my kids to the library

and noticed a local photographer's work displayed.

I mentioned to my son

on the way home

that perhaps someday

my art would be in the library.



He was so excited and encouraging

and said many kind and believing words.

So I "tucked" the idea

"in my hip pocket"

for the future.



A little over a year ago,

I started experimenting with collage

incorporating my photography

as a focal point.



It was a bit like scrapbooking,

only on a piece of wood to hang on the wall or set on a shelf.

I knew that I liked it.

And that is truly what matters.




But what surprised me

was how quickly others responded.

So here we are celebrating as a family.




As I tried to think of a way to display a large number of photographs,

my rancher husband's creative wheels started turning . . .



He made me two cedar fenceposts

and

I almost cried.

Because of the love of my husband,

and how perfectly it fit my heart and vision

of sharing my love for this life.

I carried the idea of "story on a string"

that I used for my photos

to also share some of my writing and blogs

about my family as well as the story behind some of my art pieces.




My art is all about
honoring God
 and what He has done in me and for me
. . . especially setting me free
from thoughts that robbed me of joy,
and honoring this life that He has given me
right here, right now
with this man
and this family.


It is so rich and fulfilling
to see it expressed
in a way that is true to me and what I love.

If you get a chance to stop in,
my art & photography will be on display
at the
Sturgis Public Library
until January 30, 2012.

What a great experience . . .

Joining Jennifer & inspirational creative women here:
sneak peek

11 comments:

  1. I stopped by and was so excited. I LOVED it Jodi!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this looks so beautiful~~~
    What a huge blessing-dream-come-true!!!

    xo
    Junelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful Jodene! Congrats to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful job, honey. I love your mixed media and sure wish your Gramma could have seen it too. What you have there are truly Feel Good Moments and I am glad you share them with others. I am proud of you. Keep up the good work and continue to have fun. Aunty Kay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jodene, thanks for sharing this...I loved the way you "strung the story" together...and I love seeing all your pieces together like this - all the richness of colors and words - a feast for the eyes and soul!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy for you, Jodene! Your sweet heart shines through your work and your words in this space :) And I love the fencepost display you created with your husband - so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a difference a year makes. Stepping in faith and GOD will meet you. Here is THE PERFECT TESTMONY in these pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh...such a sweet story and loved reading it and learning about your journey. Congratulations on your showing at the Library. Have a wonderful week. Fondly, Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful! So wonderful how you were inspired by the encouragement of your family and how they believed in you. I love your "story on a string" idea. Congratulations, and thank you for creating such joyful work! --Sadee @ a Picturebook Life

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so wonderful... oh, I am so happy for you! I love that you celebrated as a family. That is awesome. I love that your husband helped you with your display! :) It really looks beautiful. Your pieces look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! How wonderful!! I just read your comment on Hello Soul and had to come over to "meet" you! So glad I did. Your exhibit is just beautiful and so creative in your work and presentation. Very exciting!! I anticipate many wonderful things in store for you this year! Who knows what God has planned!!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome ~ share your beautiful thoughts.