Friday, December 31, 2010

Remembered



I have had this "theme"

of

God's hands




running through my head

this year




The security
validity
and
identity
that is there




The safety of it--
to risk
and
be caught
in the grip
of His grace
when
I take a flying leap of faith.



2010
I know I am engraved on the palms of His hands.

And so I took some flying leaps of faith
~Believe Truth e-course~
~Inspired Studios magazine article~
~Black Hills Photo Shootout~
~Blogging my mixed media creations~

It has not been without challenge.
But never before have I felt
more caught
more secure
to be me
in the grip of His palms.

photos, text, art ... copyright 2010 Jodene (Jodi) Shaw.

10 comments:

  1. Wow, what a powerful post Jodene. "...to risk and be caught in the grip of His grace..." It's so much easier when you realize that we are all not doing this alone. Your artwork is beautiful. So lovely to have met you this past year.

    Love, Peace & Happy New Year,
    xoxo Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post, beautiful work, beautiful year.
    HELLO 2011! Wishing you peace, love and joy!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jodi, this is so powerful and beatiful. I love the art work and the words. I'm not a religious person (but I do have faith), but this has touched me deeply.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this scripture -- you have captured it beautifully, fully, and immaculately. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year! Your work is wonderful, and thank you for reminding me of this verse. May the New Year bring you abundance. hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this piece! Wow... so meaningful! Great job Jodi! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jodi, this is so good - I have a piece about God's hands in my head/heart too! I really like the colors and texture you've used here...it will be soon coming into the physical...and this quote is so powerful:
    "The safety of it--
    to risk
    and
    be caught
    in the grip
    of His grace
    when
    I take a flying leap of faith."

    Blessings on your new year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful piece jodi, i love it...
    happy new year, looking forward to what God will be doing in our lives!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you shared this with me. It is beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Welcome ~ share your beautiful thoughts.