Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Artistic Mother Vision Board ~ {DONE!}



THIS has been a fun project.

This is the most excited I have ever been

about a "goal poster" or "vision board".

It has been over a year since I have clearly defined my heart and mind's vision.

It has not been clear.  But, has been coming together.  Bit by bit.

Between commiting to projects in The Artisitic Mother by Shona Cole


AND

my kids visiting my Mom & Dad--

I completed this project & am so excited to share the bits & pieces.


First is my Syd with Toby the beagle and my heart's desire of a Scripture:

John 4:42

They said to the woman,
"We no longer believe just because of what you said,
but now we have heard for ourselves
and now we know
that this man really is
the Savior of the world."

Then is my Erin painting at the dining room table
in an apron made by my mom
highlighted with one of my favorite
Stampin' Up sets:

LIFE ~ live like you mean it. 

I absolutely LOVE that saying.  That is how I want to live...
LIKE I MEAN IT.
{Some days it's not so easy.}

That photo is the backdrop of my goals.

I must "mean it" about my goals if I'm going to live it.


Then, my overall artistic vision is over one of my favorite photos of Erin.

It was a day this spring that she said,

"Come outside and laugh with me, Mommy."

And so I did.

And we took wonderful photos of spring. 

In this one she is breaking up the ice over a mud puddle saying,

"Be free, be free.  Be free, ice, be free!"

In another photo she is walking through the muddy part,

and she says, "I'm scared!"

Her lady bug boots were making that suction cup sound

when she lifted them out of the mud.

We decided that sometimes daily adventures are scary

when you step out your door

and into the world.


My title Art Vision

has beside it another favorite stamp,

"all things grow with love".

I chose that because I have found

that when I don't love my vision and goals,

it's not really my vision

and the vision will not grow and become.

I love this vision and these goals

and I am excited to participate in their growth and becoming.


I simply love this quote by e.e. cummings:

"It takes courage to grow and and turn out to
BE WHO YOU REALLY ARE."

Yes it does.

"Be Who You Are" is part of my vision.


Here is my young man, Tom. 

I would say Tommy, he would say Tom.

Blowing bubbles much to the delight of his sisters.

His photo is the backdrop of my values

developed through a "values clarification" exercise I did

with author and life coach Joan C. Webb.


The fabric is one of Jim's old shirts that I rescued from the garbage.

It was one of my favorites ~ and so reminds me of him.

It is a symbol of the foundation and support he is

for not only our family, but also of my visions and goals.

The butterflies . . .

well, that was all explained in a recent post which you can click and read here:
{get a cup of coffee or a glass of iced tea}



Notice that I did sew a little bit here!

And I am excited to be putting one of these goals into action.

Very soon I will make the announcement!


And finishing with one of my favorite quotes

from UCLA basketball Coach John Wooden

who recently passed away . . .

a man that I respected for his faith and leadership

"Make each day your masterpiece".

So fitting for an "Art Vision" board.

photos & text copyright 2010 Jodene (Jodi) Shaw.

20 comments:

  1. oh so lovely!!
    I love the verse from the book of John.
    This is a great banner....thanks for telling us the story behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I absolutely love this. I want to make one now too. I just read The Artistic Mother as well. It was very inspiring. Glad you posted this on the flying lessons facebook group! I'll stop by again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! WOW! I'm not a mother, but THIS is beautiful. I want one. I mean beautiful. My goodness. your materials. You'll have to let me know where some of those stamps are from. And I am adding those quotes to my list. I needed some inspiration like that. I feel like I'm still growing up. Thanks for sharing this. :) Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jodi... this is amazing! What a gorgeous piece of art. I can so see your heart... beautiful! :)

    ♥Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. really beautiful...so gad you've finished it so we get to see it...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an amazing vision banner. I love that quote, Make Each Day Your Masterpiece. Well done.

    Trudy
    Host of The Artistic Mother's Art Group
    www.artisticcreationswithtrudy.blogspot.com &
    www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your vision board. It's beautiful, like a piece of art i itself. You've really inspired me to make one of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This vision board has inspired me so. I saw it last night...but had to come back again today just I could truly look at it and read all of your details. Absolutely stunning. I am off to read your butterfly post now. I have been a bit busy this week...so catching up on all my blogs:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy moly! This is beautiful and so detailed. My vision boards are tucked away in my guest room most of the time - this is something you could hang in your living room! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a gorgeous vision board Jodene.

    I'm inviting people to share their vision board creations on my website so please check it out and let me know if you would like to share this post on creativevisionboards.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely creation! It is very inspiring - so many inspiring quotes! This will be a wonderful guide!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your vision board is awesome! Very inspiring and now I can't wait to do mine! I love butterflies, too ... now I'm off to read that post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this! I must admit I didn't read your goals because I have not yet defined my own artistic goals and vision and I'm trying NOT to read others so that I stay true to myself and I'm not influenced by other artists goals. When I have time for a cup of coffee, I'll be reading your butterfly post, for sure. Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I just got started with the AMG and I'm moving very slowly! I need to get working through the book!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really really love this. I have been pondering ways to expand my photography. I love the way you incorporated so much into this piece. Looking forward to spending more time reading your blog and talking to you about your process.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is amazing! I love all the inspiring quotes. And it's stunning to look at! Wow. I need to get mine done, but I've been gone so much this summer...haven't had enough time to work on it. This is a project I don't want to take lightly, and seeing how much you put into yours confirms that for me. It's an important piece. I LOVE what you did with it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love...and I mean it...LOVE that Vision Board,, so creative..Congratulations...Keep Enjoying the Ride" in this amazing journey!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wonderful! I really should do a vision board. You've got me inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh my, this is not only a beautiful piece to look at, to read the origins of each photos just adds layers and layers of heart and soul. so touching. so real.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is gorgeous! I love that you shared the story behind the photos...'Come outside and laugh with me Mommy!' ~ I just about melted!!! I really should get going with Shona's workshop, I've been a slacker at getting my supplies together. :0

    Thanks for visiting my blog, I haven't been a regular poster over the last few months, but plan to get back into the swing of things. Even blogging, like art and time for creativity, doesn't get done if one doesn't plan it into their life. I look forward to visiting you again!

    Blessings,
    Amy
    PS My Mom is Rayanne at A Lovely Thought...I noticed you follow her blog. She's great, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really like this. Now, this probably isn't what you wanted us to notice from this post, but what I noticed is that I really like your photos of this project. Each one looks like it's taken from a different angle. The closeups are nice and clear. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome ~ share your beautiful thoughts.